The following is a list of all the articles we have collected
The Arizona Chapter of the Tourette Syndrome Association was established to serve the community touched by Tourette Syndrome. The TSA is organized for the following purposes:
It's early evening and time for bed. Baby, fresh from her bath, is snuggled up with Mom in a rocking chair. Mom softly sings a familiar song, as the rocking chair sways back and forth, back and forth. Baby sighs, closes her eyes, and drifts offŸ??
Twenty-seven-month-old David is listening to a music tape. He jumps up and starts to dance and sing along to Ÿ??Row, Row, Row Your Boat.Ÿ? Dad smiles at his sonŸ??s delight and joins in. David grabs DadŸ??s hands and they twirl around the room together.
The Surgeon General's Tips for Mothers and Mothers-To-Be:
1. Eat Healthy. It's good for you and your baby. Follow the Dietary Guidelines for Americans. Also, every woman of childbearing age should consume at least 400 micrograms of folic acid each day. Folic acid can prevent neural tube defects (including spina bifida) and congenital malformations, which are the leading cause of infant mortality. www.healthierus.gov/dietaryguidelines/index.html
Through our website, you can learn about your rights as a public school parent or guardian, as well as those programs, monies and more to which your child may be entitled. We invite you to join us as we establish a national forum on the design and implementation of education policies that empower all children to achieve their personal bests in school and in life.
Citywide bells are touching,inspiring
By L. Anne Newell ARIZONA DAILY STAR, Tucson, Arizona
Jeannette Mar??-Packard hoped good things would come from the 400 bells she and friends hung around Tucson Saturday to mark the anniversary of her son's death.
But she didn't expect to see two 50-year-old women sprinting toward bells hanging in Himmel Park trees. Or to find another woman in the park, tears streaming down her face as she held a bell. Or hear how it motivated a long-distance runner. Or even get phone calls from others who were touched.
Many thanks to:
Child Care Resource & Referral
3910 S Rural RD, Suite O
Tempe, AZ 85282
for providing the following information to New Parents Network:
Tips for Toilet Training
* Wait until the child is ready. Trying to toilet train a child before he or she is ready just ends up being frustrating for you as well as for the child.
* Signs that the child may be ready for toilet training:
- The child remains dry at least 2 hours at a time during the day.
- Bowel movements become regular and predictable.
SAFETY NEWS FROM THE.......
U.S. CONSUMER PRODUCT SAFETY COMMISSION
WASHINGTON, D.C. 20207
Remember...to report an unsafe consumer product or a product-related injury, consumers may call the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission's toll-free hotline at 1-800-638-2772. A teletypewriter for hearing impaired is available at 1-800-638-8270; the Maryland TTY number is 1-800-492-8104.
HIDDEN HAZARDS IN THE HOME
LARGE BUCKETS ARE DROWNING HAZARDS FOR YOUR CHILDREN
Information in the language of the Pascua Yaqui tribe.
Kaa'chin an'ma'chiako hio'kot'e'aka emo vi'cha'te'ko. New Parents Network intok Parents Anonymous kaa enchim ro'hik'ti'i'a. UuŸ??eŸ??ne, vempoŸ??su huu'nea u'me, u'usim yo'tu'ria'wa'me ket oh'vea'chi. Ume Parents Anonymous mew nook'ne eŸ??e numeropo 319 1040.
Suspect child abuse or neglect? Report it now!
Call toll free child abuse hotline 1-800-SOS-CHILD