Take Care of Yourself Before You Make a Baby
- Eat a well balanced diet.
- Exercise regularly.
- Take Folic Acid.
- Be sure you have been immunized against Rubella (German Measles).
- If you smoke, stop.
When Planning to Make a Baby:
- See your doctor to make sure you're in good health.
- Ask your doctor for prenatal vitamins.
- Check on family history for you and your partner for diseases and birth defects. Talk with you doctor about it.
- Avoid smoking, alcohol and street drugs.
- Avoid hot tubs, saunas and spas.
- Avoid changing kitty litter.
- Check with your doctor about taking any medications, prescriptions or over the counter.
Remember: if you begin your pregnancy in the best possible health you increase your chances of having a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby!