This research-based timeline is organized by a child's age. It serves as a general guide to the five amazing ways a child grows, from birth to 5.
* Social - Emotional - how children feel and how they learn to relate to others
* Cognitive - how children learn and think
* Language - how children learn sounds, words, and sentences
* Sensory - how children hear, see, taste, smell and feel
* Motor Skills - how children learn to skill to sit up, crawl, walk, and run As you'll see, each milestone shows a range of ages typically seen in children's development, but a child may not meet every milestone and still be progressing normally. Don't be surprised if your child's growth is different from what's included on this timeline, or if your child develops more quickly in some areas than in others. Above all, enjoy learning about the many fascinating ways children develop. If you have any concerns about your child's growth and development, please seek a health care professional.