Did You Know?
* There are over 6,500 foster children in Arizona. Approximately 3,500 are in Maricopa County.
* During a typical year, over 1,500 children wait in emergency shelters for more than three weeks for a family. Welcome to Arizona Action for Foster Children's Web Site. You will be provided with information on this nonprofit agency and how to foster parent or adopt children.
ARIZONA ACTION FOR FOSTER CHILDREN (AAFC) The mission of AAFC is to empower and strengthen Arizona's children, youth and families by providing support services and education to enhance their opportunities to reach their full potential. Established in 1976 as a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit social service agency, AAFC has two main programs that serve the needs of children and families.
* FOSTER CARE PROGRAM -The goal of the foster care program is to provide abused and neglected children in the foster care system with a nurturing foster family.
* ADOPTION PROGRAM - The goal of the adoption program is to find a permanent family for a child who is in foster care as a result of abuse, neglect or abandonment.
* A CHILD'S FUTURE DEPENDS ON YOU. If you can't be a foster or adoptive parent but would still like to help visit our web site.